This past week was a refreshing change from the heat of the summer. Hitting the pavement, day tripping to the city and cooking with the windows open were all amazing with the cooler breeze and bright sunshine. Here's what I've been doing and loving this past week!
1. There are these four trees outside of my apartment window. The yellow color has been slowly cascading down the leaves. It's so pretty, I should have done a time elapse series of photos!
2. I've recently discovered Jessica's Site and I'm in love. Her tagline reads "Discovering the scientific side of food." You know me, I love science and food! Loving her Salted Caramel Apple Waffles!
3. I've been really into beauty and fashion blogs recently. Trying to discover my own personal style, while I have all this unemployed free time. My favorite? Pretty Shiny Sparkly. She has caused my trips to Sephora to be so much more expensive!
4. Lululemon opened a store right down the street from my apartment!!! Heaven help me and my wallet. I bought these bright blue running capris there and promptly hit the streets.
5. This is my favorite of all time breakfast. Two toasted waffles, spread with peanut butter and topped with banana slices. Delicious and amazing sandwich. Do it, you'll be addicted too.
6. I want pumpkin everything. Starting with this pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin donuts and pumpkin mac'n'cheese.
7. With the humidity from the summer receding, I can get back to my candy making! Candy forms so much better in dry weather and it's no fun standing over a boiling pot of sugar when it's 90% humidity outside! Watch out for some candy posts this October!!!