Image Map

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wilde Week #16

1. Time for another book suggestion!  The Bakers Daughter by Sarah McCoy.  It's a historical fiction about a German bakers daughter in the last days of World War II and a writer in current day Texas.  I love historical fictions and this one was a great combination of story told through first person and letters.  They talk about German pastries and breads through the entire book and have included the recipes for most of them at the end!  Such a great book for the food lover too.

2. I love this nail polish.  They had me at Sprinkles.



3. Boyfriend and I are just a few days away from heading across the ocean to Morocco!  I've booked our camel trek through the Sahara, surfing lessons in Agadir and our rock climbing in the Atlas mountains.  I've packed my maxi skirts and TOMs, sunscreen and bathing suit.  I'm so ready for vacation!  Don't worry, I've been baking and cooking this weekend.  There will be plenty of treats so you won't miss me too much!

4. Last time I was at LUSH I bought a few things and spent all my money.  Never heard of LUSH?  They make all-natural, cruelty-free, amazing-smelling bath and body products.  Here are a few of my new favorites, I'm totally addicted to these sugar lip scrubs.



5. It has been another long week in the lab.  Nothing was going right.  I tried for two days to get one reaction to work.  I couldn't even form the catalyst!  Once I did, I took a picture because it was so pretty.



6. Baby animals are totally cuter than baby humans.  Sorry, you know it's true.  But seriously, what are those animals in number 3?  I'm not on board with them being called cute.  They are creepy.  I'd totally take a human baby over those guys.

7. So... last weekend BF and I were going to go for the first bike ride of the season.  We got ready, filled the water bottles and headed down to the garage.  When we got to the bikes I turned to him and said "Do you remember the combination to that lock, because I certainly don't."  I thought there was an 8 in the combo, the dials only go up to 6.  Time for a trip to Home Depot.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails