- WNY is all about the food. If you are confused about what to eat, here are a few local favorites that we love... Ted's (or Theodore's) Hot Dogs, Anderson's, Pano's on Elmwood, The Left Bank, The Pearl Street Grill. You want classic Buffalo wings? Head to Duffs in Amherst, The Anchor Bar downtown or John & Mary's!
- The first Sunday of the month you can head to Clarence and troll the aisles of the Antique World flea market! Old stuff, new stuff, kettle corn, hot dogs. You can get it all here!
- If you're near the Falls, you're also near the Niagara Factory Outlets. If you can handle massive crowds and insane parking lots, spend a bit of time searching the racks for a good deal. You can shop the outlets of Saks off 5th, BCBGMaxAzria, Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klein and the list goes on. I scored an amazing Sachin + Babi coat for 80% off. I'm so excited for Fall.
- Head to downtown Williamsville and discover the hidden gem of Glen falls. It's no Niagara falls, but it's quiet and beautiful. We always took our cheerleading photos here each year. Pack a picnic and relax.
- Totally new to WNY? Be sure to stop by Wegmans and find out what you have been missing out on in your part of the country. Stop'n'Shop has nothing on Wegmans! Personally I like to go there and pick up a Buffalo chicken finger sub and bring home a mini chocolate cake for the evening. They make amazing sushi, prepare and bake their own bread and bakery items and they have those fancy Coke machines.
After our weekend in Buffalo I feel like I need to eat nothing but salad and vegetables for the next two weeks. Luckily I'm running a Spartan Race this weekend, so all those extra calories will come in handy when hitting those obstacles! Bye bye Buffalo, thanks for all the fun!