Image Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wilde Week #21


 1. I got to spend the second half of this week in my hometown of Buffalo, hanging out with my family!  I have a large extended family and was so happy to see people I haven't seen in many years.  It helps that all my aunts and uncles are retiring now and have plenty of time to hang out with me.

2. If you remember from my last update, I got my wisdom teeth out last Tuesday.  Which made my trip home a little less fun.  Why?  Because Buffalo means hot sauce and chicken wings and my dentist told me no spicy foods until I'm all healed up.  NoooooOoo!  I was also looking all hilarious with a really puffy, square jaw.  Later in the week some serious bruises appeared on my jaw.  So pretty, but overall feeling good.  No Vicodin necessary!

3. Visiting home means hitting up Nina's ice cream for a bowl of Perry's!  If you are in the Western NY/PA area, stop by an ice cream stand and try their newest flavor - Movie Time.  It's the strangest combination of salted popcorn flavor, caramel swirls and chocolate pieces.  It's so crazy, but it works!


 4. My mom has quite the green thumb.  Her garden is full of berries and tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers.  I'm a little jealous, but I don't have the patience (or outdoor space) to manage a garden!  Go mom!

5. I am home now, but only for a few days.  BF is in Phoenix in for a conference and I'm meeting him out there on Tuesday!  We have plans to hike the Grand Canyon, swim in Havasu falls and take pictures in the Painted Desert.  It's going to be well over 100 in Phoenix, but it's a dry heat, so I'll be just fine.  I plan on working on my tan at the pool while BF learns all about frozen vegetables.


6. I totally wanted to take home my parents hot tub.  Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my carry on luggage.

7. Since BF headed off to Phoenix as I was returning from Buffalo (we met at the train station and traded keys and a kiss!), I decided to have frozen yogurt for dinner.  It was topped with berries, so it's totally okay.  Right?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails