Image Map

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Green Curry Fritters

When one person works in New Jersey and the other works on Long Island, it means that someone is going to have to make a long trek to work each day.  Since it's easier to get to my office via public transport than boyfriends office, I spend a lot of time commuting each week.  People at my office all give me sad looks when I tell them about my daily travels, but it really isn't that bad.  Let me list all the great things that happen while I ride the train.  Most of which they couldn't do while driving to work in their cars.

1. I can take a nap!  Try that in your car!  No wait, don't.  It usually happens about twenty minutes into my Long Island train ride.  My eyelids start to feel heavy and I begin to nod off during the middle of a paragraph.  It's okay to give into sleep because I have an alarm set to wake me up just before I get to my stop.  Do I have to worry about getting to my stop before the alarm goes off?  No.  The LIRR is never early.

2. I prepare powerpoint slides for my weekly meetings, because there are always meetings and there are always slides to be made.  I apparently should have taken a course in powerpoint slide preparation in grad school.  I thought it would be all chemistry and making compounds.  Nope, it's half that, half talking about doing chemistry and making compounds in meetings.

3. I watch movies.  In fact I watched one yesterday.  Thank you Netflix and 4G.

4. I read a lot of books.  My kindle has an ever rotating group of books from the Amazon store, my friends kindle loans and the NJ digital library.  I've spent time this year learning about the inticacies of cancer in The Emperor of All Maladies.  I stood by Nick as he was accused of killing his wife in Gone Girl.  I helped solve a World War II mystery with the War Brides.  And recently I've been hearing Anthony Bourdain in my head while reading his 2011 book, Medium Raw.

I'm about halfway through Medium Raw and it's funny, witty and sounds entirely like Bourdain.  As I read through the chapters, I can hear his voice in my head, narrating the book like he does throughout "No Reservations."  Bourdain has an opinion on everything food, I'm sure he has plenty to say about food bloggers.  All I know, it's a lot of fun to read and makes my train ride seem much shorter.

5. Finally, I plan my weekly meal plans.  I have five different cooking magazines on my iPad and I have clipped so many recipes to make!  (Want to know how to 'clip' a recipe on your iPad?  Just take a screen capture and it will send a copy of the recipe to your photo library.  To screen capture, hold the top power button and tap the home button.  You'll hear a camera noise and you know you've got it!)


I clipped this recipe for green curry fritters a few weeks ago and have been thinking of making them since.  Boyfriend and I both enjoyed this meal, though we both decided that these fritters would be even better if made into sliders.  Next time!

One Year Ago: Pasta Rustica
Two Years Ago: Mashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese & Thyme

Green Curry Fritters
Adapted from Cooking Light

I know this list of ingredients is long and you would think the fritters would wind up over-seasoned.  It's what I was thinking.  Somehow everything came together and was absolutely amazing.  This meal was equally delicious as lunch the next day. 

1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 pound ground chicken
2 tbsp sour cream
1 1/2 tbsp green curry paste
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh, grated ginger
1 egg
Oil for cooking

Place chicken and panko bread crumbs in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, whish together sour cream, curry paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha, salt, ginger and egg.  Add liquid ingredients to the chicken.  Using your clean hands, mix ingredients together until just combined.  Form mixture into 12 small patties.

Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.  Add 6 patties to the pan and cook for 2 1/2 minutes per side.  Remove the first batch from the pan and cook the second batch.

Serve with more Sriracha sauce, sweet red pepper sauce and cabbage slaw.

Cabbage slaw

1/3 head cabbage, shredded
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp sugar

Combine all the ingredients and toss with a pair of tongs.  Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Testbericht Lust18.clubWenn man auf der Suche nach sexuellen Erlebnissen oder außergewöhnlichen Abenteuern ist, kann es sein, dass man sich bei Lust18, dafür das passende Gegenüber finden kann. Ob jedoch all die aufgelisteten Mitglieder echt waren und keine Fake Profile sich darunter befanden, konnten wir dann nicht genauer realisieren


    Please Visit at: https://datingsieger.de/testbericht-lust18-club/


    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails