Image Map

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mashed Potatoes with Blue cheese and Thyme

Okay, so things around the Wilde household are a little crazy at the moment. Let’s see if you can keep up… 1. Boyfriend and I are heading to Europe on Thursday, where we will road trip across the continent. 2. Job hunting season is upon us and I have an interview today. 3. I am trying to finish three projects before I leave for my dream job. I’m tired already. So what to eat for dinner when you have no time to make anything? Mashed Potatoes!


Now listen, I’m well versed in nutrition facts (I also work in the fitness industry as well as the lab), I know that potatoes alone do not make a meal. But when you add cheese, then you have dinner.  No, really. Mashed potatoes are easy. If you want to be really lazy you don’t even have to peel the potatoes before cooking them! I found the extra five minutes to do that, because I am not a fan of potato skin, unless they are drowned in cheddar cheese and bacon.


These mashed potatoes are just yummy. And nothing is more satisfying after a long day of packing, chemistrying and stressing, than a yummy dinner. The hint of thyme and the kick of blue cheese make it hard to stop yourself from eating the entire pot.  Maybe just throw down a V8 also, pretend like you're a healthy eater.


On a side note, while boyfriend and I are in Europe I have to decide whether to post the recipes I have stored away on my computer or to share our European vacation.  If you have a preference let me know!  I would be happy to share our destinations, adventures and eats!



Mashed Potatoes with Blue cheese and Thyme

Most measurements are up to you. You can add more cheese or less, just remember that blue cheese is a pretty potent cheese. Mash your potatoes to your desired consistency. Myself? I’m a chunky mashed potato fan. You might like yours a little smoother. Just remember to mash, and then add the cheese at the end.

5 russet potatoes
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup heavy cream or milk
2 tsp fresh thyme
2-4 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
Black pepper and salt to taste

Peel and cube mashed potatoes and place in cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and return to the pot. Mash away! Add butter and mash in until it melts. Add heavy cream/milk and stir until blended. Add salt, pepper, thyme and blue cheese. Stir gently to mix everything together.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails