Image Map

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate Crisps

Sometimes it’s ten o’clock at night and you have the urge to make cookies. What? You don’t? Well, I do. I’m a little crazy like that. (Which explains the dark quality of these photos) Then you head to your pantry to see what delicious cookies you can make. Hmm, no chocolate chips. Okay, how about peanut butter cookies? Nope, two tablespoons of peanut butter won’t make very satisfying cookies. Whoa, I have two whole containers of cocoa powder. We have a winner.


These cookies are super easy to throw together in the middle of the night. It only takes minutes to make the dough. Then you have to stay awake long enough, while the dough chills, to bake off the cookies. Personally, as soon as I sit on my bed at night I fall asleep.


It’s really pathetic. It could be eight o’clock and I’ll pass out while watching America’s Next Top Model. So we’re talking seriously engaging TV and I can’t make it. It will usually go something like this…

Commercial break… “I’ll just close my eyes for a minute, I’m still listening.”

Ten minutes later… “What? Wait, I’m awake! What is Tyra talking about? Who’s fierce?”

Second Commercial break… “Just for a second, it’s just a commercial.”

Twenty minutes later… “Zzzzzz….”

Two o’clock in the morning… “Why is the TV still on? Oh no! The cookies!”


Chocolate Crisps
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ shortening
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Sugar

In a large bowl cream together butter and shortening. Add sugars and cocoa and mix until incorporated. Add vanilla and egg, mix thoroughly. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Pour out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap up tight. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.

Heat oven to 375. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for one minute on baking sheet and then remove to a wire cooling rack.

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look lovely! As if I need another excuse to eat cookies, but I have been looking for a good crinkle recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails