Image Map

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peaches and Cream Popsicles

I had major plans this weekend to make you lots of candy.  Then what happened?  It poured down rain all day Sunday.  And I'm not just talking a little rain, or a light drizzle all day.  I'm talking torrential downpours broken up by constant, driving rain.  High humidity is no time to be tempering chocolate and trying to pull taffy, so it will have to wait until next weekend.



What I did, instead of making candy, is make popsicles!  If you hadn't noticed, popsicles are the new cupcake, at least for summer.  I can't imagine this popsicle trend lasting through winter, maybe in the Souther hemisphere?  Why not join the trend, and cool off a little, in the hot, last weeks of summer.

Please excuse the photograph, I had to run this morning!  I'll fix it later!

Update: my train is ten minutes late, I totally had time to give you a better picture! Nuts... Oh well, have a great Wednesday everyone!


Peaches and Cream Popsicles
A Wilde Original Recipe

I had a bunch of white peaches that were on the verge of going bad, so that's why we have peach popsicles!  Be sure to taste test your popsicle batter before pouring them into the molds.  Once they're frozen it's really hard to add more sugar!


Makes 6 popsicles

1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
4 white peaches, peeled and halved
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 cup heavy cream

Combine sugar and water in a microwave-proof bowl.  Heat on high for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.

Place peeled peaches, lemon juice and corn syrup in a blender.  Process until smooth (I used my magic bullet to blend my peaches!)

Combine all of your ingredients and pour into popsicle molds.  Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails