Image Map

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ginger Chicken with Snow Peas

Living with a boy seems to mean eating a lot of carbohydrates. This is one thing that I have learned in the first two months of living with boyfriend. Pasta is a totally acceptable meal for every day of the week. But as I've said before, I'd like to continue to fit into my pants, so I'm working on some pasta-free meals.

So, I can't find my camera...  Enjoy some puppy pictures instead!
While boyfriend was out of town last week, I spent the week making tasty pastaless meals. I think this works well for me as a meal, but boyfriend would be wondering where the rest of the food was. That must be the thing, boys have bigger stomachs and need all those carbs to fill them up.


If you need a little something more to eat with this meal I would suggest cooking up a batch of brown rice, should keep you full and happy. It might even keep those male members of your household away from the cookies for the evening as well.


My mom has been taking some pretty awesome pictures of my little, puppy, sisters!



Ginger Chicken with Snow Peas

1/2 lb chicken tenders
canola oil
salt and pepper
1 pound Snow peas, trimmed
1 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp dark sesame oil

Lightly coat chicken with canola oil, season with salt and pepper.  Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.  Set aside for ten minutes.  Cut into bite-sized pieces

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add snow peas and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Drain peas and rinse with cold water for a minute.  In a large bowl, whisk together tamari, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.  Add chicken and snow peas.  Eat alone or serve over rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails