Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Peanut Butter-Banana Bread

I thought that nothing could be better than my original banana bread.  Until I made it into coconut French toast.  Then I thought that was the most amazing version of the bread, until I made this loaf.




Peanut butter banana bread.  Such an amazing idea.  I have peanut butter and bananas on my waffles every morning.  Why have I not thought to bake it into a loaf all together?


I made this bread Sunday morning.  Since then I've eaten at least half of it.  All on my own.  Nobody else in the house like banana bread (they're crazy).  I've had it for breakfast, my 4pm snack, my 10pm snack...  Someone needs to save me from myself and come over and eat the rest of the bread.


Maybe tomorrow I'll make this into French toast for breakfast.  That would be awesome.

One Year AgoPork Tenderloin with Sauteed Plums
Two Years AgoPumpkin Pie Mallomars
Three Years AgoMashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese & Thyme

Peanut Butter-Banana Bread
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped

1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 ºF.  Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

Combine bananas, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, butter and eggs with a mixer on medium speed.  Add sugars and mix until smooth.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.  Dump the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.  Stir in peanuts.

Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.  Remove loaf from the pan and let cool completely on the wire rack.

Mix together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter.  Spread over the top of the loaf.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails