It's been a crazy week around here. In between job hunting and prepping for the upcoming holidays, I'm just exhausted. I'm so ready for a little break. How about you?
- I had my first cranberry bliss bar from Starbucks this week! There are a few things that signify the start of my holiday season and having one of these treats is right at the top of my list. Behind that is putting up the tree the weekend after thanksgiving, enjoying a peppermint hot chocolate with my mom and late christmas shopping with my dad.
- I've got one more can of pumpkin puree in my cupboard. I really need to use it before we're all sick to death of pumpkin flavored everything. I'm thinking these pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin pie chocolate cups or this pumpkin creme brulee! Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes?
- I met up with a bunch of the girls from my former company this weekend for brunch at Penelope. It was so great to catch up with everyone and see how all their new jobs are going. You want to have brunch at Penelope on the weekend? Either get there before 10am or after 2pm. We got there at 10:30 and had to wait about 45 minutes. Go and get Andrey's egg sandwich, it's amazing.
- Did I tell you that the Boyfriend and I are heading to Florida for Thanksgiving? I can't wait to get to the warmer temperatures, but since we're traveling on Thursday we won't be getting the traditional thanksgiving dinner. I couldn't do without the turkey and mashed potatoes so I whipped up the traditional meal this past Wednesday! I mostly wanted to eat pie.
- What did we have for our early Thanksgiving dinner? I kept it simple since I was preparing the entire thing on a weekday - Herb-roasted Turkey, classic mashed potatoes, my favorite stuffing and a chilled asparagus salad. Oh yeah, and pie. Always pie.
- Did you know that if you leave an entire French silk pie in my fridge that I will eat all of it in a few days? Next year I should make a smaller pie.
- I have BIG NEWS that I'll be sharing next week. I'm so excited to tell you.
Have a fantastic holiday! Here's to a filling and delicious thanksgiving dinner and a productive and sale-filled weekend.