Image Map

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Biscofferoos

Several years ago, I ate almost an entire pan of scotcheroos at a Super Bowl party.  And I didn't even feel guilty about it, because they were delicious.  Luckily this was before the start of WITK.  I wasn't obligated to recreate them in my kitchen and share them with you.


Little did I know that scotcheroos were a fairly common dessert treat and that you could find on the Rice Krispy website.  It was only recently that I learned the name of the bars that I devoured in between watching SB commercials and gabbing with my girlfriends.  It was at that same time that I picked up a jar of Biscoff spread from Fairway, fate seemed to have forced my hand to make these - Biscofferoos.


I thought I was being all creative, as all we bloggers think we are, until I checked the internet.  Apparently I was almost brilliant, except one person beat me to it!  So close.

Were these just as addicting as the original scotcheroos?  You bet your cutest pair of shoes they were!  I ate so many of these.  An unhealthy amount of them.  Then I brought them to work and fed them to my unsuspecting coworkers.  Mostly just one guy.  He ate 90% of them.  I ate the rest.


Side Note: Thankfully I made these before I began my marathon training, because I would have found myself sitting on the couch eating them and not lacing up my sneakers to hit the treadmill.

One Year Ago: Homemade Greek Yogurt
Two Years Ago: Apple Marshmallows & Apple-Cinnamon Krispy Treats

Biscofferoos
A Wilde Original
Inspired by the Original Recipe here

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup Biscoff cookie spread 
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Lightly coat a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.

Combine light corn syrup and sugar in a 3-quart pan and heat over medium.  Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.  Remove from the heat and add biscoff cookie spread.  Add cereal and stir until the cereal is well coated.  Press mixture into the prepared pan.

Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 1 minute at a time on 50% power.  Stir the chips.  Continue heating for 1 minute increments until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.  Pour over the cereal bars and spread evenly with an offset spatula.  Pop the pan in the fridge for 1 hour to set the chocolate topping. 

Invert the pan and remove the slab of delicious.  Cut into 2-inch squares and try not to eat all of them.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails