Image Map

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pomegranate Ice Cream

It happened.  Yesterday morning it finally happened.  You don't know what?  It's absolutely terrible!  I walked outside yesterday morning, and it was dark.  DARK!  The sun was not awake yet, and I was going to work!  Arrrgghhhh!  DARK!


I was okay with waking up at 5:30 in the morning and heading out on the 6:00 train when it was sunny and warm.  I knew that this day was coming though, with the sun rising slower and slower in the morning.  The mornings have been getting cooler and that's okay.  I bought a really cute, asymmetric zippered, sweater.  The fall rains have been coming and I'm cool with that too.  I got my hair cut and it curls really nicely in the humid air.


But the sun coming up after I leave the house?  That is where I draw the line!  Come back sun!  I miss your bright shiny face in the morning, it keeps me from falling asleep on the train...  It's going to be a loooooong winter.  Can't wait until I leave work at night and it's dark out, that will be fun too.  Maybe I should move to Florida?


Pomegranate Ice Cream
Adapted from Nigella Express

I decided to divide my pomegranate ice cream up into 6 small Gladware containers.  That way I can just grab one from the freezer and eat the whole thing!  These little single servings are awesome, although I usually eat one container over two days.  This recipe was so simple, it has me wondering which other flavors I can make with just whipped cream!!

3/4 cup POM juice (of juice from 2 pomegranates)
Juice from 1 lime
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Whip on high until soft peaks form.  Resist eating all of this fluffy pomegranate whipped cream!  Transfer whipped cream to several small containers or 1 large container.  Toss in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.  YOM!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails