Image Map

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snack Week! - Fruit Dip


While I really hate being sick, I love the feeling of being well again. I’ve spent the last few days in a fever-induced haze, floating from home to work and back home again. Spending the evenings staring at the TV and eating ice cream. What? Ice cream is good sick food, there is calcium, protein and sugar. Everything a sick body needs. Plus it’s soft and a sore throat likes cold, soft food. Thankfully the haze has lifted and today I have been incredibly productive.


While sick, the dishes piled up in the sink and clothes lay strew across my apartment floor. If I lived with anyone else they would be disgusted with me, or they would have at least picked up after me. Maybe I should wait to be sick again until I move in with boyfriend. After a long, and productive, day at work I decided to clean it all up! Dishes, into the sink! Besides, they were starting to smell. Clothes, into the washing machine! Get rid of all of those sickness viruses. Ooo, I should wash the sheets while I’m feeling productive.

I’m healthy, almost, and ready to get back into the world! I’ve missed working out! It’s so hard to go for a run when your lung capacity is down to 50%! Lifting weights with sick muscles seems so much harder. But that all has changed! Bolstered by my week of fruits, vegetables and whole grains, I’m ready to hit the treadmill, rock my Bodypump bar and bust a move at Turbokick. Ready ready ready! I might be a little hyper from all this energy that got bottled up during my bout with the virus. Forgive me and have some fruit dip.



Apricot Fruit Dip

Simple? Yes. Delicious? Yes! You can scale this recipe up or down, depending on how much you want to make at one time. I used apricot preserves because I used them in another recipe this week. Try out some other fruits and let me know what you think! I’ll bet blueberry with cinnamon would me amazing!

1 8-ounce carton non-fat sour cream
¼ cup apricot preserves
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Apples, peaches, pears, etc

What? You need directions? Mix together sour cream preserves and cinnamon. Dip fruit in dip, put fruit in mouth, yum. You can either make the whole batch at once, or mix single servings by scaling the ingredients.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails