Image Map

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

More birthday treats! And nothing says delicious to me more than chocolate and peanut butter. I think that I am at least 15% peanut butter. Seriously, if you present me with anything containing chocolate and peanut butter it will be gone in moments. NOM! At all times I have a supply of Reese’s mini peanut butter cups in my freezer. If there is no peanut butter in the house it is a national emergency. And yes, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a good dinner.



That means that no cookie is better than a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie. That perfect combination of salty and sweet. I’m even known to sprinkle a little salt on top of my peanut butter cookies (I’ve been known to sprinkle salt on everything, so I guess this isn’t a stretch). With a busy week ahead of me, I decided to take fifteen minutes tonight to make myself some cookies. Plus it’s my birthday week, so it’s all good.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Best Loved Cookies & Bars 2009 magazine

6 tbsp butter
¼ cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter & chocolate chips

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips by hand. Turn out dough onto plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.

Scoop out in rounded tablespoons. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 11-13 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for one minute before removing cookies to a wire rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful idea to indulge yourself in such a rich and yummy recipe on birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and peanut butter....you just can't go wrong with this combination. The cookies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love reese's too! These cookies look perfect. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. belated happy bday! i'm always a little late in all this. loved this recipe of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails