Image Map

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wilde Week #23

It's been a quiet week around the Wilde household.  I'm happy to tell you that I've fully recuperated from our 15 mile hike in the Grand Canyon and I've gotten back to my running/BodyPump home routine.  I've been spending most of my time this week networking and applying for jobs.  So instead of telling you all about that, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things from this summer.  From apps to nail polish, food stuffs to clothes - maybe you'll find a new favorite too!

Stylebook (app) - I downloaded to my iPhone this after reading about it in one of my magazines.  It costs a couple of dollars but it keeps track of all of my clothes!  It's like having Cher's closet from Clueless (which was released in 1995!!!) in the palm of your hand.  After putting all of my clothes, shoes and accessories into the app (it took a long time), I can now keep track of what I wear each day and create new outfits for days I'm too lazy to pick something out.  My only disappointment - it doesn't make outfits for me.  Maybe in the next update?



Bones (TV) - It's official, I'm totally addicted to this show.  I first started watching it because it is on for four hours during the day on FX.  It helps fill the air as I work on my resume and interview presentations.  The only problem was - FX doesn't air the show in any order!  People are pregnant/dating/married/dead in one episode, next hour they're non-pregnant/separated/alive.  It's confusing.  I switched over to watching it on Netflix and finally the last season on Hulu.  Sadly I've run out of episodes and have to wait until season 9 begins in a few weeks.  What should I watch next?

Julep Maven (subscription box) - I just talked about my Stitch Fix box earlier this week, but really my favorite monthly box is Julep Maven.  What's in it?  Nail Polish!!!  And you know me and nail polish.  I have a problem/addiction.  It costs $19.99 a month (which is a deal because a single bottle costs $14!) and you get 3 items.  2 polishes and one extra item or 3 polishes.  I always get fun colors and it cheers me up when I see the box in the mail!  Click here if you want to check it out! (It's a referral link from me!)


C Wonder (clothing store) - A few weeks ago while wandering through Soho, I came across this shop.  I always thought it was a paper store because of the bright colors.  When I finally went in I discovered a shop filled with color and some seriously adorable clothes, jewelry and home goods.  Most of their stores are located on the East Coast, but you can order online and get some color for yourself!

Red pepper Jelly - Sometimes I find that making lunch and sitting down to eat it is a lot of work.  I've found myself slathering thinly sliced whole grain bread with laughing cow Swiss cheese spread and topping it with a good portion of red pepper jelly.  It is so good.  I get my red pepper jelly from Berkshire Berries at the Union square green market.  Do it do it do it!

That's all for this week!  What have you been loving recently?  I always love a new find!  Stay busy and enjoy the nice weather!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails