Image Map

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ten things I'll miss

With the shut down of my company, I'm led to think about the things that I will miss about OSI. Of course there are always thing that we hate about work, but there are the small things that keep us coming back day after day. 

10. Location location location. Our office was right across the street from Target. Since I don't have a car, being able to walk across the street (okay, six lane highway) to get anything I needed (or didn't need. It is Target after all) was super convenient. 

9. Riding on the LIRR. Not because it's the bet train service ever. No. I liked hearing the all too often announcements that plagued the LIRR riders and made them late. We were going to start a twitter account called "LIRRexcuses" because they were always unique. 

8. Tiny Thai. Run by one of the nicest ladies ever, Jenny.  TT was a standby lunch location for us, as long as we could get there right as she opened her doors. TT is small and unless you get there at noon, you're not getting a table. After a few times visiting, Jenny had my order memorized and always brought us amazing food. 

7. Fun club activities. BF said we wasted a lot of time, but in reality we were working together and building a work community. Fun club organized a ping pong tournament, soccer match, volunteer days, a scavenger hunt, the summer picnic, Chinese new year, the fall football showdown and the end of the year holiday party.  OSI worked hard, but we knew how to have fun. 

6. Food feedback. My coworkers were my guinea pigs when it came to food. Any desserts made at home would inevitably make their way to my office and would provide sugar rushes for the chemistry department. I'm going to have to send the snacks I make during my unemployment to BFs office!  Can't go eating them all myself. I won't have any time to job hunt, I'll be at the gym the whole time. 

5. Bagel day!  Thursday is a tough day to get through because you are so close to Friday, but still a full day away. Our company made Thursday - Bagel day and it really helped us work through the end of the week. It was also a time when everyone, from every department, would come together in the lunchroom and chat. It really helped me get to know so many people I would have otherwise not seen or had interactions with. 

4. My book club an workout ladies. The book club generally didn't read the book, but the workout girls definitely worked it. Book club made us fat with fondue and sangria and the workout girls sweated with Insanity and Combat. Hopefully we can still get together and "discuss the last book." Aka - get together and gossip about life after OSI. 

3. My manager. Now I'm not trying to suck up or tease out a good recommendation. My manager helped me fit into the company from day one and guided me through all the trials and tribulations associated with being the new girl. 

2. The Dancab. We had a small group of NYC commuters an we took the Dancab to and from work everyday. Those rides were always full of laughs and fun stories. It helped make the long commute feel a little brighter. 

1. The people. My little OSI family made the long commute worth the trip. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with at my first job. Luckily he pharma industry is small and I'll likely see many of them again. 


Goodbye OSI. 


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. หาเงินได้ง่ายๆ จาก สล็อตทำเงิน ไม่ว่าจะเป็นโปรโมชั่น เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มีให้ สมาชิกทุกท่าน ได้เลือกรับ เยอะมาก และยังมีเครดิตฟรีให้สมาชิกทุกท่าน อีกด้วย ให้ สมาชิกทุกท่าน ได้เข้าเล่น เกม สล็อตเครดิตฟรี

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails