Image Map

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wilde Week #4


1. Has anyone seen this necklace on sale anywhere??? It's adorable and I totally want the solar system around my neck.

Solar system necklace

2. Apparently I've been such a good Verizon fios customer that I get free HBO for three months. Now I can see what the bit deal is with Girls, Game of Thrones and whatever else is on HBO these days. Don't be concerned if you don't hear from me for a while, I'll be in front of my DVR.

3. If you missed watching the Bachelor this week, here is the best recap I've ever read.  Sums the show up perfectly.

4. I have spent nearly the entire week at work trying to separate to identical seeming chemical compound.  Along the way I have had to explain the difference between enantiomers, diastereomers and cis and trans isomers.  I've also had to remember how to decipher proton NMR spectra of six membered rings and spent hours looking at things like this...

My brain is really enjoying this weekend.

5. I'm totally enjoying the Restaurant Wars challenge this year, because it means BF and I have a scheduled dinner date every other week.  We don't even have to think about where to go!  Though I don't know if I can call our trip to Chipotle a date.  It was delicious at least!

6. Can you say Taxicab colored nails?  It's called "Need Sunglasses" which seems appropriate, they're really bright.


7. I have a newly found obsession with cheap jewelry.  (See #1 above)  Keep me away from Baublebar and Charming Charlies or I'll spend my all my money on sparkly plastic necklaces.  My eyes glaze over and I get all crazed and I run around the store filling my basket with every color of the rainbow. 

Potpourri Bib Necklace Ice Cluster NecklacePeri Quad StrandCoffee Poppy Bib

8. And finally, this weeks book - Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.  I'm not really a runner, but this book has been totally fascinating.  Did you know there are races out there that are over 100 miles long?  These ultramarathons truely test the participants endurance as they race through the day and night to just get to the finish line.  This book also touts barefoot running as a valid method for changing the way you run and solving certain health issues.  While I don't want to go out an run 50 miles anytime soon, this book has made me want to lace up my shoes and hit the hills!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails