Image Map

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wilde Week #2

1. DSW is dangerous.  Especially when you are in the very near vicinity of one every single day.  You all know I commute through Penn Station.  Did you also know that they opened a three-floor DSW (that's designer shoe warehouse to the cave-dwelling people out there) right across the street.  It's awful, it's tempting and I must force myself to the NJT and not up the 34th street stairs.

2. 2013 is the year of the heel!  The high heel that is (this may go along with thing #1).  I have made a resolution to wear more high heels.  I think I'm making up for my seven years in sneakers in grad school/postdoc training.  Though as a 5'9" woman, wearing 3-inch heels makes the people at my work say "You're a tall today."  And when you wear these heels...


They call you a giant, and I love it.
3. I'm obsessed with all things kelly green.  See shoes above.  You'll find me this weekend searching for green jeans.  (Not to wear with above shoes, that would be over the top)

4. This weeks book - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.  I've read her other two books (Gone Girl and Dark Places) and was excited to read this last one.  A murder mystery with a kinda messed up female protagonist, I was done with this book in only two and a half days.  I wanted to find out who did it so bad that I avoided people at lunch so I could read at my desk.  My only complaint, it wrapped up really quickly.

5. No more 30 Rock!  I didn't start watching it until the third season, but with the magic of Netflix caught up.  This weeks series finale of the show was well done.  A little sappy, a lot of funny and a good wrap up for seven years on the air.  At least Community returns next week, finally.

6. Waffle sandwiches.  The best breakfast on the go ever.  Waffle-peanut butter-sliced banana-waffle.  This is what makes my morning commute bearable.  That and my kindle.

7. Rifftrax.  I miss the days of Saturday morning Mystery Science Theater 3000.  It was a simpler time of homework and nights out with friends.  Ahhh, high school.  Anyone else out there remember MST3K? 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails