Image Map

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Grilled Chicken & Potatoes

I'm back from Chicago and back to work.  For some reason I decided that I didn't need to change the time on my watch while I was away.  People kept suggesting that I could easily change the time (with a simple turn of the knob!) and just change it back when I returned.  I told them not to be silly.  My phone acts as my real clock, my watch acts as the minute hand.


Think about it.  How often do you find yourself not knowing approximately what time it is?  Almost never.  Usually only in the middle of the night, when you are thrown awake from a dream, having no idea where you are and what time it is.  Well, maybe that was just me this week, sleeping in my big hotel room bed.


By keeping my wristwatch on east coast time, I feel like I saved myself at least a whole minute of time.  Now I just have to get back onto east coast time!  I don't think that you can say that you have jet lag when you've only flown from one time zone to the next.  Also, half of my company was at this conference with me.  I don't think it will go over well if I'm dragging and complaining today, when everyone else is in the same boat!  Better go get some caffeine and get some work done.  I've got to put all my new conference knowledge to use!

One Year Ago: Rosemary Foccacia

Grilled Chicken & Potatoes
A Wilde Original

This whole dinner came together very quickly, so fast that I might suggest getting help in the kitchen!  By butterflying the chicken, it cooks in half the time.  Once you have plated the chicken and the potatoes on a large serving dish and drizzled the dressing over the top, let the dish sit for a few minutes.  That way the flavors will start to sneak into the chicken and potatoes, making them extra delicious!  It's the perfect meal when you want a healthy dinner in a hurry.

1 lb Chicken breast, butterflied
1 lb baby red potatoes
Olive oil
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper

Dressing
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.

Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and allow potatoes to cook until tender when pierced with a fork.  Drain and allow to cool until you can hold them.  Cut the potatoes in half vertically.

Heat up your grill or grill pan.  Toss chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Grill 4-5 minutes on one side, flip and cook until juices run clear.  Remove chicken to a platter and cover with foil.  Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper.  Grill potatoes, cut side down, for about 5 minutes.  Add potatoes to the chicken plate and drizzle all of the grilled foods with the dressing. 

Steamed Broccoli
Adapted from The Vegetarian Times Cookbook

Nothing too special here, just a beautiful broccoli dish, packed with vitamins and minerals!  By steaming the veggies for a few minutes, we maintain not only their great color, but also we don't boil away their vitamins.  A quick fry in the pan with the red pepper and these are the perfect side for any meal!

2 heads broccoli, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
olive oil, salt and pepper

Steam broccoli over a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.  Remove from the heat and set aside.

In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and red pepper.  Cook for 3-4 minutes then add broccoli to the skillet.  Add salt and pepper to taste, toss everything together.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails