Image Map

Monday, September 19, 2011

Peanutty Noodles

I'm looking forward to this week because I get to have this for lunch!  You remember last week that I bought boyfriend NHL 2012?  Well, my plan worked!  I had a whole hour to mess around in the kitchen yesterday and make something to eat for the week.  I even made some quick and dirty ice cream, which I'll share with you all later in the week.


While boyfriend was happily playing Xbox hockey I was in the kitchen throwing together this pasta dish.  It literally took me ten minutes to take this dish from fridge to Gladware.  All you have to do to prepare this dish is boil some water!  I have had this cookbook for a few years now and haven't cooked nearly enough of the recipes.  This weekend I made two of the recipes in thirty minutes!  I think that I'll be making a few more of Nigellas dishes because I sometimes want a really quick dinner when I get home from work.


Sunday was a good day for all in the Wilde household.  Boyfriend beat some kid over Xbox live and I got to make lunch for work.  Happy people all around!

Peanutty Noodles
Adapted from Nigella Express

Dressing
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (or Siracha sauce)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
Juice from 1 lime

Noodles
12 ounces wide egg noodles
2 cups bean sprouts
1 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed
2 scallions, sliced
1 red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup cilantro

Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Add egg noodles and cook for 7-9 minutes.

While the noodles are boiling, combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.  Whisk until smooth.  Prepare your vegetables (trim and chop) and place them in the bowl with the dressing.

Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and rinse with cold water.  Shake out as much water as possible.  Add the noodles to the vegetables and sauce.  Toss everything together to coat.  Divide into 6-8 portions and eat for lunch or dinner!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails