Image Map

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Foodie Resolutions

So, I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish this year.  Aside from getting a "real" job and escaping academia, becoming a "grown-up" and possibly moving in with my favorite person, there is food to think about!  Last year brought many firsts, including deep frying, candy making and homemade bread.  The plans for this year are as follows...

1.  Become an accomplished candy-maker.  I will determine what I need to complete to become "accomplished," but I think this requires at least 15-20 candy recipes this year.  Waistlines beware!

2. Complete the Bread Bakers Apprentice Challenge.  I have taken on four of these recipes, how many does that mean I have left?  My own rule is to complete them all in one year, alphabet thrown to the wind.  Why would I need to do it in alphabetical order anyways?

3. Destroy the notion that "Chicken is boring."  Chicken is so NOT boring!  And I will prove it to you this year.  You may have noticed that I have never posted a beef recipe.  This is because I haven't eaten a steak, hamburger or roast in over fifteen years.  I'll explain this someday, but not today!

So that's it.  I'm looking forward to this year.  It is going to be sweet, yeasty and amazing.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails