Image Map

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cupcake 24-7 - French Toast

Welcome to Project Cupcake 24-7. Have you ever wondered why you have to wait until after dinner for a cupcake? Personally, I can’t wait that long. I know, cupcakes are a hot little culinary topic. There is a new cupcake parlor popping up every two minutes. I should know, I’m the one taste-testing each new flavor, with frosting on my face. And elbow. Don’t ask.



So fade to black on the traditional cupcake shop and open on Cupcake 24-7. It’s seven am and you’re in the mood for breakfast, or perhaps it’s noon and you need a quick lunch. Maybe you’ve got a hot date and decide cupcakes are the way to your new friends heart. What kind of a person would you be to eat chocolate frosted cake at such unusual hours of the day? Luckily the world of cupcakes is larger than you thought.


In our first installment of Cupcake 24-7, we have breakfast. Delicious delicious breakfast. These cupcakes are a perfect thing to serve at brunch. Perfect portion, single serving, oven-baked French toast. Enjoy, I know I did.

French Toast Cupcakes

This is the perfect make ahead breakfast. You can prepare the pan the night before and easily bake the cupcakes in the morning, allowing you to sleep in and still have a fabulous breakfast!

12 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
4 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Coat a muffin pan with cooking spray and heat oven to 375 F. (Unless you are not baking these until the morning, save the energy, don’t preheat your oven for twelve hours.)

Cube 12 slices of bread and distribute evenly between muffin cups.

Mix together the liquid ingredients and pour evenly over muffin cups. Now you can either bake off the muffins now, or even better, cover the pan with foil and put it in the fridge overnight.

Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes and remove from oven to a wire rack.  Allow them to cool for five minutes before serving.

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. It's true.. I'm in love.. with these french toast cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is better in a shape of a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmm! I have to try this recipe and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made these delicious cupcakes. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring me to make these delicious breakfast treats.
    I featured you on my blog Obsessed with cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! Your cupcakes turned out great looking! Happy breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know something this delicious could exist!!! This recipe is officially on my to-bake list now

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails