Image Map

Thursday, October 9, 2014

CTB 2014 - Williams Sonoma - Pasta

Welcome to Fall everyone! I'd love to say that this recipe is coming from my new kitchen. Sadly, the only thing I have made in my new kitchen is oatmeal. And that was from the slow cooker! Our new house is a bit of a mess right now and dinner is the last thing on my mind at the end of the day. It's either been frozen food (prepared fresh in my oven!) or dinner out.


Looking at this recipe, I could totally throw this together at the end of a long day. It took no time at all to boil pasta and heat up the pepperoni and arugula. It would require a trip to the grocery store though. I don't know if I'm up for that right now!


I'll be sharing a more completed tour of our new house in a few weeks. Right now the house can be found under piles and piles of stuff. Not boxes, because we didn't actually put our stuff in boxes to move it. We kind of just tossed stuff in those reusable grocery bags from Wegmans and piled it up in the moving truck. Did I mention that we bought a townhouse that is less than a quarter mile from our old apartment? Such an easy move!


Hopefully soon I will be back in the kitchen. It is completely serviceable right now (I cleaned up the mess from the previous post), but there is so much more to deal with in the house! Plus, we are probably going to re-tile the floor, add a backsplash and paint the walls. A mini remodel is in the works for my mini kitchen!

Until then, maybe I'll make this pasta again. Quick and easy is the name of the game right now!



One Year Ago: Individual Stuffed French Toast
Two Years Ago: Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Quiche
Three Years Ago: Parmesan Chicken & Thyme Gnocchi
Four Years Ago: Roasted Red Pepper, Leek & Potato Soup

Rigatoni with Pepperoni, Mozzarella and Arugula
Adapted from Williams Sonoma - Pasta

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 28-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
Splash of white wine
1 box rigatoni
1/4 pound pepperoni, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper
1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
1 bunch arugula, stems removed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil for about 10-12 minutes.

While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.  Add chopped tomatoes and stir. Cook for about 4 minutes, until tomatoes start to release their juices. Add white wine and let reduce for a few minutes.

Drain pasta and return to the pot. Add tomato sauce and toss with pasta. Add mozzarella cubes and arugula. Toss to combine. Serve heaping bowls of pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This blog very is impressive; I am inspired how continuously you describe this topic. After reading your post, thanks for taking the time to discuss this,

    If you ssearching for a legit financial service .Check it out. Link below.
    legit paypal transfer dark web
    dark web financial services .
    Unclaimed Mystery Box
    I feel happy about it and I love learning more about this topic...

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails