Image Map

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wilde Week #12

1. It's been six weeks since I decided to sign up for a half marathon.  Before this training program, my longest run was the Bolder Boulder 10K.  After finishing my 12 miles last weekend, I'm confidant I can do this half marathon tomorrow!  Here's hoping I finish it in under the four hour time limit.  My plan is to finish in under two hours.  Two laps around Central Park and I'll have finished my first half marathon!


2.  What was I reading this week?  Teen lit!  I love reading all these post-apocalyptic world stories.  They are such great commuting reads because they are fast moving and requires very little of me.  This is good because I generally fall asleep at some point on the train.  The book this week is Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  Set in an alternate timeline in our world, where love is seen as a disease, our heroine Lena learns that her world isn't quite what she thought.  A little silly, kinda sappy, yet another trilogy.  I wasn't sure I would even bother reading the next two books.  The last few chapters finally convinced me to read onto the next book.

3. Nails this week?  Okay, I painted them a few days ago, so don't mind the chips here and there.  This nail varnish from Illamasqua is called Purity.  It's actually a really nice peach, so perfect for spring.  I only have one complaint.  The coverage of this polish isn't that great.  I put on two coats and could have done with a third, but I was too lazy.

4. I want to be as daring and creative as this girl!  She heads to the thrift store and buys over sized, outdated and un-cute clothes and turns them into the cutest outfits ever!  For like a dollar each!  So jealous.  I have a sewing machine, I should buy some ugly clothes...

5. I was in Washington, DC this week!  I was attending the AACR (American Association of Cancer Research) annual meeting from Saturday to Wednesday, learning about what's happening right now in cancer research.  While I wasn't at the conference, I was wandering around DC (and logging my marathon training miles!) taking pictures with my phone.  So much fun, so many cherry blossom trees.

6. I know this is from last year, but I totally want to dust off my ice cream maker and make myself some strawberry-coconut ice cream!  It sounds delicious.  Maybe I'll wait until I can pick my own berries?

7. While I was away at the conference, Boyfriend was at home, cleaning up my mess!  Apparently he grew sick of all my cookbooks on top of the kitchen cabinets and bought me a bookshelf!  Now all I want to do is stand in front of it and look at my cookbooks.  There's a little open space up there on the top shelf, I'd better head to amazon and fill it up.

8. I'm inspired by my new bookshelf to making marshmallows and macarons.  Let's see if this inspiration carries me into the kitchen...

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails