Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Wilde Week #11

1. It took me months, but I have finally finished reading The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell. This book was recommended to me by a friend about six months ago. I downloaded it to my kindle and started it one morning train ride. The problem? This book takes forever to get going. According to my friend "It has a lot of pipes to lay." I'll say. The book was setting up the story and the interesting bits for over 50% of the book. Which, when the book set in 19th century Dutch- Japan, is a lot of pages to slog through. I finally finished this book (along with about ten others when I needed a break). It ended up being pretty good, it just took a long time getting there.

2. I can't wait to own a house because I want nothing more than to paint the walls. I want to see something other than white on the walls of my bedroom. Here's hoping to a new Wilde house within the year!

3. Having worked at and been a member of many gyms, I've seen most of these guys. Dude is right on.

4. I just finished my last long run before my half marathon next weekend. 12 miles through DC. What a great way to complete a long run, there was so much to look at and distract me from the miles. Have a long run to make? Take a new route!



5. Nails this week? Since I'm away this week, I decided to go with OPI nail stickers! They are quick to put on and don't chip as quickly as polish. The ones I'm wearing have little birds sitting in trees.



6. I'm in Washington, DC this week for a work conference! It's been a few years since I've been in our nations capitol and I've never been here during the cherry blossom festival. It's like NYC on a warm summer day around here, so many people! The blooms haven't opened yet, hopefully before I leave on Wednesday.  Rather than recipes this week, there may just be pretty pictures of cherry blossoms!



Have a great week!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails