Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tomato and White Bean soup

I can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving!  Where has this year gone?  I suppose that it helps that this time of year is my favorite time.  While I'm not a fan of the coming winter, I enjoy fall immensely. 


There are a series of events that make fall the best time of the year.  First, we have the changing of the leaves.  This is one of my favorite times to take a long walk outside.  When I was younger, we would always head out to Chesnut Ridge Park and walk through the leaves.  My family and I would crunch through piles of fallen leaves, while gazing at the bright colors still clinging to the branches.

After the leaves begin to change, we are greeted by Halloween.  As we've discussed before, we never got trick-or-treaters at our house.  This didn't keep us from decorating the house and carving pumpkins.  I always carved using a template, my mom always made beautiful  pumpkins without any help at all.


Once we've put away the costumes and the pumpkins have gone to the mulch pile, it was time for the most important day all year, my birthday.  I just celebrated my birthday, which means that we're in the thick of Fall!  From here we get to celebrate Thanksgiving (at least here in the USA!) and on to shopping and christmas we go.

For the next few weeks, we're all going to be very, very busy!  With that in mind, I've made you this delicious and healthy soup, that will be ready in ten minutes.  Fabulous!



Tomato and White Bean Soup
Adapted from the Vegetarean Times Complete Cookbook

1 - 16-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes
2 scallions, green parts only
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp French herb mixture
1/2 tbsp cilantro, minced
freshly ground black pepper

In a food processor or blender, puree 1/2 can of beans.  Add tomatoes, with their juice and scallions and puree until smooth.  Pour puree into a 2-quart pot and add remaining beans, chicken stock, cilantro and herbs.  Heat over low heat until your desired temperature.  Add black pepper and serve!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails