Image Map

Monday, May 16, 2011

Parmesan Zucchini

I can’t believe that I’ve been living in Connecticut for almost a year now. This past year has flow by in the blink of an eye and I’ve really enjoyed being back East. Sure, there are things I miss about being in Colorado. All my crazy gym friends and teaching classes every week. My expansive mountain view apartment and its separate rooms. The crazy Colorado weather and its wide open skies.


I have come to learn that Connecticut has lots of great things too. I love being able to walk everywhere that I need to go, I haven’t driven in months. The changing seasons here in the East are all so pretty, my parents and I enjoyed going ‘leaf peeping’ this fall. I’ve met some pretty amazing people here too.


Those people I’m talking about are my Monday night girls. My Monday nights used to be full of work, dinner then sleep. Now they are filled with conversations, laughs, good food and chick TV. Being in the chemistry world it’s rare that you find a group of girls and I’ve found a great group.


Each Monday we start by heading to K’s house and making dinner. Last week it was feeling very spring-like and we grilled out. By ‘we’ I mean K cooked and L and I watched. This recipe today comes from last week’s dinner, our delicious and cheesey side dish. The main dish, while tasty, was a little more carbonized than I usually prefer... I’m never coming over and eating free food again K! (I’m just kidding, I’ll be over around 7!)


Parmesan Zucchini
From K’s Mom

When K originally said she would be making zucchini, I was apprehensive.  Zucchini is not one of my favorite vegetables.  It is always pretending to be a delicious cucmber on veggie trays.  The two taste nothing alike and I don't like the surprise.  This side dish tastes nothing like zucchini, it tastes like butter and cheese.  It's amazing!
2 Zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch discs
2 tbsp butter
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add zucchini in one layer. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Put the lid on and cook for 3 minutes.

Remove the lid and flip with zucchini over. Put the lid on again and cook for 3 more minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the zucchini and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and scorched. Serve in a big pile.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails