Image Map

Monday, December 27, 2010

Raspberry Three Layer Jell-O

Three ingredients?  Perfect

Sounds like a good chunk of my friends out there are buried under feet and feet of snow! The funny thing is, here in Buffalo we have barely gotten a dusting! So, if you are trying to figure out what to do with 24 inches of snow, I’ll tell you what to do! Just leave it there; it will go away at some point! If that isn’t an option, then you should throw on an extra layer of clothes and head outside. That two feet of snow is just calling for you to make an army of snowmen!


Thanks for the help mom!

Today I present to you one of my favorite holiday desserts. The dessert that we brought to every holiday dinner we attended. When we asked what to bring to thanksgiving or Christmas dinner it was an easy answer, “You’re going to bring the Jell-O, right?” I’m in no way a food snob, and I’m happy to make Jell-O my fancy holiday dessert. All you need to do is dress it up with a little fruit and some colored sprinkles!


I should warn you, this is a messy dessert! Have a bleaching solution ready for your countertop, when you inevitably spill some of the mixture. I have to claim responsibility for spilling some on my aunts white carpet. What can I say, I was little and uncoordinated. I suggest serving it in bowls, rather than dishing it out onto a plate. Especially a paper plate with low edges!

I'm a kid, all over again! 

A heads up!  Starting January 1st, I'll be spending the entire month providing you with healthy (and tasty) recipes.  I thought, why not start the year off right?  Along with the healthy recipes I'll be posting helpful hints, common diet mistakes and tricky food lies.  Until then, let's eat sugar!  Two more cookie recipes this week will finish up out 2010!



Raspberry Three Layer Jell-O

Such a super simple dessert! It only takes a few minutes to put it together and an hour or so to chill. Go on, buy some packages of Jell-O, you’ll feel like a kid again! It’s also low calorie and fat-free, very figure friendly.

2 packages raspberry Jell-O
2 cups hot water (boiling)
1 package frozen raspberries, allowed to sit on the counter for 30 minutes to thaw
1 container “lite” Cool Whip

Dissolve Jell-O gelatin in boiling water. Add raspberries. Add in half of the Cool Whip and stir until fluffy and pink. Carefully pour into any size container. (We went with a plastic container with a lid, this way we could transport it easily.) Place in the fridge for at least an hour; you’ll see the layers separate.

Once the gelatin has set, add more Cool Whip to the top of the dessert. Using cookie cutters as templates, sprinkle the top of the dessert with colored sugar crystals.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails