Image Map

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta


Not every dish is a winner, at least, according to boyfriend.  Personally I loved this dish.  We were in fact thinking the exact opposite thing.  This is how this dinner went down...

Picture us, sitting on the couch, enjoying an episode of House Hunters International.  I've spent the last twenty minutes, slaveing away in the kitchen (not really) on a hot summer night.  I presented boyfriend with a delicious bowl of pasta and he likes pasta.

There I am, shoveling goat cheese and sun-dried tomato covered pasta into my mouth.  Tangy, sweet and savory, I'm definitely enjoying this dinner.  My only complaint, I'm thinking "I wish I had more goat cheese."

Meanwhile, boyfriend sits in his chair, meticulously eating his bowl of angel hair.  He's looking a little suspicious of what I'm feeding him.  Then I hear "What's the white stuff?"

"It's goat cheese, it's delicious."

"Huh, I think you gave me too much of it."

Too much goat cheese?  Is there such a problem?  So, note to self.  Boyfriend loves pasta, boyfriend does not love goat cheese...  yet... 

Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
Adapted from Everyday Pasta

1/2 10-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, oil reserved, tomatoes chopped
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
2 tbsp italian parsley
1 cup cooked, cubed chicken
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces soft goat cheese (Like Chevre)

Heat 3 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes in a medium pan.  Add onions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.  Add garlic and cook for another minute.  Add chicken stock and sun-dried tomatoes.  Simmer until the volume reduces by half.

While the liquid is reducing, cook angel hair pasta.  It should take only 4-5 minutes in boiling water.  Drain and place pasta in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.

Add sun-dried tomato sauce, chicken and parsley to the pasta.  Toss to combine.  Portion out into bowls and top with goat cheese
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails